When I first asked to migrate a linux based wordpress site to windows server, I was really wicked. Because there was plenty of challenges in front of me,
- Site is up and live, I shouldn’t down the site for long time.
- WordPress, Mysql and all PHP stuffs goes well with linux but not with windows.
- I need to move all the wordpress posts and pages without any blunder.
- I should maintain the existing URL for all the pages.
Now I relaxed and took long breath. Ok. Before starting the process my mind was asking me to hatch a plan. So here are the plans,
- Backup the entire wordpress folder
- Export the mysql wordpress database into a sql file format