When I first asked to migrate a linux based wordpress site to windows server, I was really wicked. Because there was plenty of challenges in front of me,
- Site is up and live, I shouldn’t down the site for long time.
- WordPress, Mysql and all PHP stuffs goes well with linux but not with windows.
- I need to move all the wordpress posts and pages without any blunder.
- I should maintain the existing URL for all the pages.
Now I relaxed and took long breath. Ok. Before starting the process my mind was asking me to hatch a plan. So here are the plans,
- Backup the entire wordpress folder
- Export the mysql wordpress database into a sql file format
Continue reading “How to move your Linux wordpress site to Windows Server”
Manual backing up of website content from the server to local machine should be fully automated. The system must be able to zip the website content and download to the local machine twice every week using simple PHP and shell script.
Solution: Automatic Website Backup From Linux Server – PHP script
Automatic Website Backup From Linux Server PHP script using FTP function and sh code for zipping the backup files on timely base.
Created two services to make a weekly backup.
1) Server( Centos) – A shell script which compresses the entire web site files and stores in a specific path. This script runs twice every week. Cron will take care to execute periodically based on scheduled time.
2) Client or Local machine – PHP script which downloads the zip file through FTP commands. Using windows task scheduler, the PHP script will execute periodically to download the files.
Continue reading “Automatic Website Backup From Linux Server PHP Script”